How to make a quiz
To start, you must decide what type of quiz you would like to make and draft some questions. With FlexiQuiz, you can build any type of quizzes such as a zoom game, pub quiz, test for school, pre-employment test, end-of-year examinations and more.
You can make any online quiz with FlexiQuiz and will find it quick, easy and fun to use!
This guide shows you how to make a classic quiz.
- To create your first quiz, press the blue Create Quiz button
- You have a choice of two quiz types. To follow this guide, please select Classic
- Classic: Allows you to create any type of quiz, test, exam or course that participants can access through a dedicated URL, Respondent account or by registering. This is our most flexible quiz type.
- Live: Allows you to create and host a quiz in real-time. Players can only view and respond to questions when the host shares the screen.
You will be taken directly to the editor screen to add your content.
Choose what type of page and item you want to add. Your options are:
- Welcome page: This is a page at the start of your quiz to provide the user with key information about the test.
- Quiz page: Allows you to add a page that contains question and text/media items. For example, a quiz page can contain 1 or 100 questions.
- Question: A question item allows you to add your question or statement in your chosen format and for test-takers to provide a response.
- Text/ media: A section where you can add content and scoring is not applied.
- Thank you, page The last page on a quiz allows you to provide a custom thank you to users and an outline of the next steps.
- To add your first question, press the blue Add item button and choose Question from the drop-down menu.
- Select your question type from the drop-down menu.
- Add your question, statement, or challenge to the Question box.
- Next to Options share the correct answer so that the FlexiQuiz system can auto mark your question. This image shows an example of a single choice answer option.
Set how many points you want to award for correct responses. You can award points in the following ways:
- Points award for getting the whole question correct.
- Points per answer option.
- Negative points for getting the question wrong.
Finish formatting your quiz. Your options are:
- Required: Test-takers need to respond before moving to the next page or submitting the quiz.
- When you are happy with the question, press Save
- The question is added to your quiz.
- Follow steps 2 to 8 to add more questions to your quiz.
- Choose the Configure tab to style and customize your quiz.
- Pick from a full range of configuration options, categorized by topic for easy reference. Your choice of options will depend on your FlexiQuiz plan.
Learn more about our vast range of configuration options.
Preview your quiz
View how your quiz looks and works to test-takers by pressing the preview icon on the top right.
You can return to the Create or Configure tabs if you would like to make some further changes to your quiz.
The quiz status is set to 'In design', which means that the quiz is still in progress and test-takers cannot access your content.
- Open your quiz by pressing the blue Publish Quiz button.
Choose how you would like to distribute your quiz to test-takers by ticking the relevant box.
We offer a choice of ways to share your test depending on your requirements and objectives.
Your options are:
- Quiz link: FlexiQuiz will provide you with a unique URL linking directly to your quiz, test, or exam. You can also add a registration page to track who is responding to your quiz.
- Send email invitations: Send a custom email invitation directly from your FlexiQuiz account that contains a unique URL for each participant to access your content.
- Assign Users/ Groups: Assign the quiz to Respondent accounts individually or as part of a group. Users can log in to their Respondent account with a username and password to complete assigned quizzes.
Learn more about the ways to you can share your quiz to find the best option for you.
Congratulations, your first quiz is now ready for people to complete!
All responses are saved in real-time on your analyze screen.
Choose the Analyze tab.
It takes you to your analyze dashboard.
- Choose what type of report you would like to view.
- If all responses are not showing on your dashboard, press the 'Include unsubmitted quizzes' toggle, and a list of test-takers in progress will appear.
Happy quiz making!
Step-by-step guides on how to add various question types:
Relevant help guides: