Adding a welcome screen to your online quiz
You can add a welcome screen to the start of your quizzes to engage respondents and provide clear instructions for completing your online tests or examinations. The welcome page can include information such as details about any time limits, example questions, or maybe an educational video that participants will need to watch before starting the test.
With FlexiQuiz, any performance tracking such as time taken to complete the quiz, the number of attempts, or time limits won't begin until the respondent presses the button for Start Quiz.
You can customize the welcome page with various features including:
- Images, videos, and audio
- Themes with background colors and images
- Updated navigation button color and text
This guide shows you how to add and configure a welcome screen on your FlexiQuiz.
How to add a welcome screen
- From your main FlexiQuiz dashboard, select an existing quiz or create a new one.
- Go to the Create screen.
- Press the green Add page button.
From the drop-down menu, select Welcome page
The welcome page will automatically be added to the start of your online test.
Note! If you add a payment or registration page, the welcome screen will be shown after these.
- Enter any text that you want to display on the page.
- Paid plan members can also add images, videos, GIFs or audio.
- Format your content, if required - such as adding hyperlinks, aligning text, or changing fonts.
- Once you're happy with your content press the blue Save button.
Top tip! You can edit or delete the welcome page at any time by returning to the create screen.
The welcome screen will be automatically be added to the start of your online quiz - it will only show when you have at least one question in the test or exam that you're creating.
You can view the welcome screen as a participant by pressing Preview on the top right of the page.
Additional configuration options
Paid plan members can customize the look and feel of the welcome screen by adding logos, images, changing button text, applying background colors, and removing the FlexiQuiz branding.
You can add your company logo to the welcome screen and it will be applied across the whole quiz. To add a logo:
- Go to the Configure tab and select General from the left-hand menu.
- Check the Logo box.
- Press browse to locate and upload your logo or image.
- You can resize the logo as required - we recommend using Chrome or Firefox for resizing.
Learn more about uploading logos >>.
You can add an image that could also be your logo to the background of the welcome screen. The image on the welcome screen can be different from what's displayed on other pages such as, question, thank you, or the registration page.
Note! This image can be no more than 4 MB. Enterprise members - contact us if you need to upload a larger image.
This guide will show you the steps to upload a background image on your FlexiQuiz welcome page.
Change button text
You can change the text on your navigation button - Start Quiz. This text can be changed to almost any language or the button can give instructions aligned to your test theme. To change text:
- Go to the Configure tab and select Theme from the left-hand menu.
- Scroll down the page to buttons.
- Find the text for Start Quiz - delete the existing text and add your own.
- You can also change the color of the buttons.
The background colors, sides, header, and footer can be customized in almost any color.
From the Configure tab, select Theme and options for changing colors will be displayed.
This guide shares more information on how to change the background colors on your quiz.
Relevant help guides: