Making an online quiz with pictures
With FlexiQuiz, it's easy to add pictures to your online quiz. Just select an image, choose where you would like to position it and how you would like to add the picture. Images look great for your quiz-takers on any device.
There are several ways a quiz maker can add images to an online test with FlexiQuiz:
- Background images
- Embedding an image in a choice of pages
- Uploading an image
- Picture choice: A multiple-choice quiz using pictures as answer options
This guide shows you how to upload and position an image within your quiz.
A step by step guide on how to add an image to your online test
- Login to your FlexiQuiz account
- From your main dashboard you can either select a quiz or press the Create Quiz button
When pressing the Add Item button you can select where you'd like to add your image, such as:
- Welcome screen
- Question text
- Text/ media pages
- Feedback pages
- Thank you screen
In this example, I'm going to add an image to a question.
- Press Add item and select the Question option from the drop-down menu.
- Choose your Question Type from the drop-down list of options. You can add a picture to any question type.
- Click on the Question box.
There are two ways that you can add an image.
- Embedding an image file within the page - this is recommended for the best quiz maker experience.
- Uploading your image
In this example, I will upload an image to the quiz.
- From the menu header, press on the landscape icon
Press Choose Image and select the picture that you would like to upload.
The image should be:
Format: jpg, jpeg, bmp, gif, png
Maximum file size: 2MB
Maximum dimensions: 600 PX wide
Important! You cannot crop images in our tool. If you want to make changes, you will need to edit the image in another tool and upload it again.
- Once the image has uploaded, it will show in the display box. You will need to press Save when you're ready for the image to be added to your online test.
- You can set the images position on the left, middle or right hand side of the page. Just select a relevant place from the menu header.
- To size, the image, click on the picture and drag the corners. Important! Chrome and Firefox browsers work best for resizing an image.
- When you're happy with the image, finishing writing, formatting, and adding answer options to your quiz questions.
- Press Save to add the question to your test
- You can view what the image will look like in the test by pressing Preview on the top right corner.
Top tips to optimize the experience for quiz takers
If test takers have a slow internet connection, the pictures may not download quickly. We would recommend the following tips to maximize the quiz taker's experience.
- Condense the image file size - there are many great tools, including tiny png or compress jpeg.
- Make sure the dimensions of the file are minimized.
- Avoid using lots of features such as time limit per page, background images, and the progress bar.
- No more than two images per page.
- No more than ten pictures per quiz created.
Top Tip! Check how your images in the quiz will look on all devices before sharing with test-takers.
Relevant Help Guides