Adding sound to your online quiz, test, or assessment.
With FlexiQuiz, the online quiz maker, you can add audio to your test using an MP3 file. This could be music, film clips, sounds, or your own voice providing instruction and encouragement.
Audio is a great way to create an interactive quiz. For example:
- Foreign language teachers can read a phrase for respondents to translate.
- Play music during a pub quiz - respondents need to correctly answer for the song name, title, or artist.
- Providing instruction and guidance for students who may have reading difficulties.
This guide shows you how to add an audio file to your FlexiQuiz.
How to add an audio file to your online quiz
The audio file option is available for paid customers only.
- Make a test or open an existing quiz.
Go to the Create tab and select where you would like to add an audio file. You can choose from the following places:
- Welcome screen
- Thank you screen
- Quiz questions pages
- Text/ media pages
- Feedback pages based on if the answer is right or wrong
In this example, I will add an audio file to the feedback section of the quiz. The process is the same for any FlexiQuiz page where you want to add an audio file.
- Add a question by pressing Add item and choosing Question from the drop-down menu.
- Choose your question type and add your question to the text box.
Tick the box Show question feedback
You can choose to give everyone the same question feedback or split the feedback based on correct and incorrect answers. In this example, I will provide the same feedback for everyone.
- Choose where you would like to put the audio on the page - you can accompany the audio with text and images.
- Select more
Press the speaker icon
A pop-up will appear for you to add your audio file.
- Press Choose audio file
Select the audio file you want to add.
Important! The audio file must be in an MP3 format, no larger than 10 MB. Essentials and Premium customers can have up to 10 media files in every quiz. The limits are larger for Enterprise members.
- Once the file has uploaded, it will be displayed on your screen, as shown in the image below. Press Save.
- Your audio file will be displayed in your feedback box. You can delete that file at any time; just press the backward button on your keyboard.
- Finish adding any additional questions and feedback to your online test.
- To check how the audio files work for quiz takers, press Preview on the top right of the page.
- Finish configuring and publish your test.
Note! Audio cannot be set to autoplay when being added to your quiz.
Quiz takers will have the following experience:
- To listen to the audio file, quiz takers will need to press the play button - they can choose to play the sound recording multiple times.
- The sound volume can be adjusted by clicking on the speaker part of the icon.
Relevant help guides
How to embed a video in your quiz
How to add images to your quiz