Sending email invites to take your online quiz
You can share your online tests by sending an email directly from your FlexiQuiz account using the Send Email Invite distribution option. Your invitees will receive an email with a unique link to access your online quiz or course content. The benefits of using email invites are:
- Participants don't need to self-register as you can track responses using the quiz takers email.
- You can track if the examination has been opened, started, and submitted.
- Helps deter cheating as every invitee gets their own unique link.
This guide shows you how to distribute your FlexiQuiz content using the Send Email Invite, track responses, send reminders, and delete quiz takers from your invite list.
How to send an email invite
- Create and configure your online test or course.
Set the rules for when the quiz will open and close:
- To automatically open and close at a set time - follow the set date and time steps, then share the quiz using the instructions below.
- To ensure the FlexiQuiz content is available as soon as quiz takers receive the email invite - go to the Publish tab and press Publish Quiz
- Tick the box Send Email Invites
- Personalize the email subject line in any language.
- Update the email copy to that it's relevant for quiz takers and to help them understand the next steps. You can write the text in any language. Important! Don't remove the link to your quiz, which is: [Unique Link].
- Press add emails
- Add emails addresses for anyone who you would like to invite to complete your online quiz. Each email address will need to be on a new line or separated with a ;
- Press Send emails
Emails are usually sent to your distribution list within minutes but please allow up to 1 hour. Once people start your quiz, you can track their progress from your Publish or Analyze screens.
How to track responses
Your Publish screen saves a list of all emails sent, date sent and the quiz status.
Definitions of each status:
- Not Started - email invite has been sent but the quiz has not started.
- Not Submitted - the quiz has started but has not been submitted.
- Submitted - the test has been submitted by the quiz taker and results will be available on your analyze dashboard.
Screenshot of the Publish page where you can track the status for email invites that you have sent:
There may be times when people need reminding to complete your test or you need to send extra information. If you've sent an email invite, you can easily follow up with a little reminder. To set this up:
- Go to the Publish screen, for your relevant quiz
- Scroll down to Send Email Invites
- Select the reminders tab that shows the email text
- Personalize the email subject line and copy
Select who you'd like to send an email reminder
There are several options including All, Not started, Not submitted, Submitted or Individuals. Click this box highlighted below for a list of contact options.
- Press Send reminders
A reminder will be sent straight away.
How to delete people from your invite list
Once you've sent an email invite, you can remove people from your list at any time. This means quiz takers will no longer be able to access your content and any submitted answers or results will be deleted.
To delete people, follow these steps:
- Go to the Publish screen
- Scroll down to Send Email Invites
- Select who you would like to delete
- Press the grey delete button
The selected email invites will instantly be deleted from your list. If the participant tries to access your link, using an old email invite, they will be told that the quiz is closed.