Sending email invites to take your online quiz
Last updated: October 4, 2022
Invite learners to take your test by sending a custom email directly from your FlexiQuiz account.
Benefits of sending email invitations are:
- Participants don't need to self-register; you can track responses with the quiz taker's email.
- You can easily track the learner's progress by viewing if the quiz has been opened, started, and submitted.
- Helps deter cheating as every invitee gets a unique link.
How to send an email invite
- Create and configure your online test.
- Select the Publish tab.
- You can choose when people can view your quiz. People can only see your quiz when it is Open. You can choose when the quiz opens and closes:
- Tick the box Send Email Invites
- To add a registration page at the start of your exam, tick the box Register for quiz
- Personalize the email subject line in any language.
- Update the email copy to make it relevant for quiz takers and help them understand the next steps. You can write the text in any language.
- Press add emails
- Enter the email address of each test taker. Each email address should be on a new line or separated with a ;
- Press Send emails
Important! Don't remove the link to your quiz, which is: [Unique Link].
Emails are usually sent to your distribution list within minutes, but please allow up to 1 hour.
How to add additional respondents
You can add new respondents at any time from your Publish screen.
- Press Add emails
- Add the email address of the test-taker
- Press Send emails
How to track responses
Your Publish screen saves a list of all emails sent, date sent and the quiz status.
Definitions of each status:
- Not Started: The system has sent the email invitation, but the respondent has not started the quiz.
- Not Submitted: The respondent has started the test but not submitted it.
- Submitted: The respondent has submitted the quiz at least once, and the results are available on your analyze dashboard.
Top tip! The respondent's latest quiz attempt will show on your Analyze screen. Learn more about the definitions for each quiz status.
This is a screenshot of the Publish page that shows the status of email invitations sent:
Sending reminders manually
Sometimes, people need reminding to complete their online test or you need to share more information.
You can set automatic email reminders or send a reminder manually.
Follow these steps to manually send a reminder:
- Go to the Publish screen for your chosen quiz.
- Scroll down to Send Email Invites.
- Select the Reminders tab. The tab will show the existing subject line and body text for sending a quiz reminder.
- You can choose to personalize the subject line and body copy.
Select who you'd like to send an email reminder
- Your options are: All, Not started, Not submitted, Submitted or Individuals.
- Press Send reminders
Top tip! Do not remove the unique link or test takers will not be able to access the quiz.
The system will send a reminder immediately but please allow up to one hour for the respondent to receive the email.
How to delete people from your invite list
Once you've sent an email invite, you can remove people from your list at any time. This means quiz takers will no longer be able to access your content and any submitted answers or results will be deleted.
To delete email invites, follow these steps:
- Go to the Publish screen
- Scroll down to Send Email Invites
- Select the email address that you would like to delete
- Press the grey delete button
The selected email invites will instantly be deleted from your list. If the test taker tries to access your quiz link, using an old email invite, they will be told that the quiz is closed.
Relevant help guides