Save quiz progress and continue
Save and continue allows learners to pause the quiz and continue later from where they left off.
So, for example, if it's a lengthy activity, your learners might want a break. They can press "save and continue" to keep their responses and pause any countdown timers. How learners reaccess their test will depend on how you shared it.
This guide shows you how to set up save and continue.
How to add the save and continue option
- To start make a quiz with FlexiQuiz.
- From the Configure screen, select General on the left-hand menu.
- Scroll down the page to Save and continue later
- Tick the box Allow save and continue
- If you share the test using a quiz link and have a paid account, you can email your learners a copy of the "save and continue" link. You can allow emails by ticking the box Email quiz link.
- If you have an Essentials plan or above, you can customize the save and continue button text. Select Theme from the left-hand menu and choose the messages tab. Scroll down the page to the save and continue message.
- Finish configuring and styling your quiz.
- Publish your quiz online.
Respondents can press the save and continue button any time during the quiz. There is no limit to the number of times a learner can reaccess the quiz if it is open.
How "save and continue" looks to learners
If you have set the feature, all learners see a button to save and continue - you can customize the text on the button if you have a paid plan.
How learners access their saved quiz will depend on how you share it.
This is how learners return to their quiz:
Respondent portals: Respondents must log back into their portal and click on the relevant quiz.
Email invitations: Learners can click on the unique link included in the email invitation.
Quiz link: Learners get a new unique link. Important! Their new link contains their responses and is not the same link you shared at the start of the test. If you have an Essentials plan or above, you can email a link reminder.
This image shows the pop-up a learner will see if you have configured the email reminder but the user did not provide an email.
Frequently asked questions
What happens if the learner cannot find their unique link?
You can get a copy of the unique link from your Analyze screen.
- On your analyze dashboard, select the Include unsubmitted quizzes toggle.
- Scroll down the page to find the relevant user and press select action.
- Press respondent access URL from the drop-down menu.
- Copy the URL and share this with your respondent.
What happens if I have set a time limit?
The timer only counts down when the learner is taking the test.
If they press "save and continue" the countdown timer pauses. The timer starts counting down again when they rejoin the quiz.
So, for example, you set a time limit of 2 hours. The learner starts the test and after 20 minutes, presses the "save and continue button".
When your learner returns to their test, they have 1 hour and 40 minutes remaining.
Relevant help guides: