Emailing notifications to new FlexiQuiz users
Welcome your new Respondent, Trainer and Administrator account holders with a friendly and informative email.
FlexiQuiz can send custom welcome emails to new Users when the account is created or at a later date. You can customize the header and body text in any language.
Important! When creating a new user, the username or email field must contain a valid email address to enable welcome email notifications.
This guide shows you how to set up and customize welcome emails for new or existing user accounts.
Sending welcome emails
A single new user
- Create a new user by going to the Users dashboard and pressing Add user.
- Enter the details for the new user.
You are shown the option to send a welcome message if you've provided a valid address in the username or email field.
- To send the standard welcome email, press Send
- Or, to share a custom welcome email, press the down arrow, and edit the text.
- Press Send welcome email
The welcome email is queued for sending.
Multiple new users
- From the user's dashboard, press Bulk upload users and download the excel template.
- On column G (send welcome email) select yes from the drop-down menu.
- Important! Provide an email address in the username or email address field.
- Return to flexiquiz/users and upload the file.
A message will be displayed to confirm the new user account set up, and the welcome emails are queued for sending.
This guide will give you more information about adding multiple new users.
This email option works well when you need to send a welcome email reminder to existing users. Maybe they forgot their password, or some of account details have been updated.
- Go to the user's dashboard
- Choose if you would like to send the email to an individual or a group of people.
You have three options:
- Email multiple users: Check the boxes next to every selected user. Click the envelope at the top of the table
- Email a single user: Select the user, and click on the envelope on the right
- Edit a user before sending an email: Go to the edit user screen, update the user details, and press resend welcome email.
You need to confirm that you would like to send the user notification email. Important! The user's password is automatically reset.
Customizing the user experience
When the recipient gets your email, the From field will say that the email is from FlexiQuiz. They will also be able to opt out of any future emails from FlexiQuiz.
Enterprise members can choose a more personalized user experience using SMTP. An SMTP integration will enable the emails to be sent from the quiz maker instead of flexiquiz.com
With FlexiQuiz, the header and body text can be changed so that you can send a custom message in almost any language. To customize the email, follow these steps:
- Select Settings from the top menu
- Choose Email from the left-hand menu
- Customize and format the text
Top tip! There is a choice of dynamic tags in square brackets where the information included is based on your account settings.
The email is automatically saved and is the template used for all future welcome emails.
Most emails are sent within 30 minutes. If the recipient has not received the email within a couple of hours, we have the following tips:
- Has the email gone to their junk or spam folder?
- In some instances, Corporate servers can block our emails as they're seen as phishing. Please check with your tech team
- Please check the email address is correct.
Rate limits based on your FlexiQuiz account type:
- Free: 0 per day
- Premium: 1,000 per day
- Enterprise: 5,000 per day
Relevant Help Guides