About quiz redirects
Quiz redirects allow you to guide learners from one online test to the next. A quiz redirect prevents test takers from accessing a second quiz without completing the first quiz.
There are many configuration options with quiz redirects. With FlexiQuiz, you have the opportunity to:
- Direct everyone from one quiz to the next.
- Direct students to differents quizzes or learning material based on their grades.
- Direct students to the following quiz based on an option they have selected.
- Only allow students to progress to the next quiz or assessment if they pass.
- Direct all students to another URL to learn more.
You can include up to ten quizzes in a redirect chain. For example, you can direct students from Test A to Quiz B to Exam C to Assessment D and so on. The students need to complete each of the tests in the required order.
You can choose to redirect people from:
- The results page at the end of each quiz.
- At the end of the quiz, without showing a results page between each test.
This guide shows you how to set up a redirect from the results page to guide everyone to the following assessment.
How to direct everyone to the next quiz from the results page.
- Create, Configure, and Publish at least two quizzes, tests, or courses.
- On your first quiz, go to the Configure/ General screen.
- Scroll down the page and tick the box Redirect on quiz completion.
From the drop-down menu, select Quiz.
Top tip! It's better to use Quiz than the URL option so that the FlexiQuiz system can track the learner's progress.
- Press Select a Quiz and choose your second test from the drop-down menu.
The results page on the first quiz will now show a button that says Next. Students can press Next to start the second quiz.
Important! Test takers can only view the quizzes when they are open. You can open and close quizzes from the Publish screen.
To view the redirect journey:
- Go to the first quiz and press Preview on the top right.
- Complete the quiz and press submit to display the results page.
- When you're ready, press Next to begin the following quiz.
Top tip! You can update the navigation button text on the Theme screen. For example, change Next to next test, or next challenge.
Top tip! You can add comments on the results screen to guide students through the process.
How to display a results summary for all quizzes.
- Complete steps 1 to 5 above.
- Go to the last quiz in your redirect chain.
- From the Configure screen, select Results on the left-hand menu.
- Choose what information you would like to show on the final results screen, for example, custom grades, name, score.
- Scroll down the page and tick the box show redirected quiz results.
The final results page will now show a summary of the results for all quizzes in the chain.
This image shows an example of a summary of results for three quizzes with custom grading.
Other ways to redirect respondents
Relevant help guides