Welcome to the world of trivia!
By Joanna, FlexiQuiz.
5 minute read.
Whether you're a seasoned quizmaster or simply someone who loves learning fascinating facts, this blog is your go-to destination for all things trivia. Prepare to be captivated as we dive into the realms of history, science, pop culture and everything in between.
Trivia questions are a fun way to challenge friends, colleagues or students as part of a live or assigned quiz. Imagine the excitement of a lively trivia night at your favorite bar, where teams battle it out to showcase their knowledge prowess. Or picture a virtual classroom where students eagerly engage in quizzes that explore new topics while sharpening their critical thinking skills. Trivia questions effortlessly transform any gathering into an exhilarating and educational experience.
If you're looking for brain-teasers to entertain your family at home, ice-breakers to spark conversations or inspiration for your next trivia event, our blog has you covered.
Over 100 trivia questions and answers
Our carefully curated collection of trivia questions spans a wide range of subjects, ensuring there's something for everyone. From tantalizing tidbits about famous personalities to mind-boggling scientific phenomena, our trivia questions include a treasure trove of knowledge.
Food and drink
1. What is the main ingredient in guacamole?
2. Which country is famous for its pasta dishes such as spaghetti and lasagna?
3. What is the primary ingredient in hummus?
Answer: Chickpeas (garbanzo beans).
4. Which vegetable is known for its association with Popeye the Sailor?
5. What is the national dish of Japan?
6. What is the main ingredient in a traditional Greek salad?
Answer: Feta cheese.
7. What fruit is known as "The King of Fruits" and has a distinct smell?
8. What is the key ingredient in a margarita pizza?
Answer: Fresh mozzarella cheese.
9. What type of food is brie?
10. Which nut is used to make marzipan?
1. What is the largest ocean on Earth?
Answer: The Pacific Ocean.
2. Which ocean is located between Africa and Australia?
Answer: The Indian Ocean.
3. What percentage of the Earth's surface is covered by oceans?
Answer: Approximately 71%.
4. Which ocean is the saltiest?
Answer: the Atlantic Ocean.
5. What is the largest coral reef system in the world?
Answer: The Great Barrier Reef.
6. What is the process by which ocean water becomes vapor and rises into the atmosphere?
7. What is the name of the scientific study of the oceans?
8. Which ocean is known for its vibrant and diverse marine life, including the Great Barrier Reef?
Answer: The Pacific Ocean.
9. What is the process by which icebergs break off from glaciers and float into the ocean?
10. What is the deepest point in the ocean?
Answer: The Mariana Trench.
1. Which country hosted the FIFA World Cup in 2010>
Answer: South Africa.
2. Which social media platform became increasingly popular during the 2010s, known for its 140-character limit on posts?
3. Which artist released the hit single "Rolling in the Deep" in 2010?
4. What was the title of the first film in the Marcal Cinematic Universe released in 2010?
Answer: Iron Man 2.
5. Which country won the most gold medals in the 2012 Summer Olympics held in London?
Answer: The United States.
6. What was the name of the spacecraft that successfully landed on Mars in 2012?
Answer: Curiosity (Mars Rover).
7. Which country hosted the Olympic Games in 2016?
Answer: Brazil (Rio de Janeiro).
8. Which streaming platform gained popularity during the 2010s, known for its original shows like "Stranger Things" and "House of Cards"?
9. Which artist released the song "Uptown Funk" featuring Bruno Mars in 2014?
Answer: Mark Ronson.
10. Which British TV series centered around a time-traveling alien celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2013?
Answer: Doctor Who.
1. What is the largest land animal in the world?
Answer: The African elephant.
2. What is the fastest land animal?
Answer: The cheetah.
3. Which bird is known for its ability to mimic human speech?
Answer: The African grey parrot.
4. Which animal is known for its distinctive black and white stripes?
Answer: The zebra.
5. Which species of penguin lives in Antarctica?
Answer: The emperor penguin.
6. What is the smallest species of mammal?
Answer: The bumblebee bat.
7. What is the national bird of the United States?
Answer: The bald eagle.
8. Which animal is the symbol of wisdom in many cultures?
Answer: The owl.
9. What is the fastest marine animal?
Answer: The sailfish.
10. Which animal is known as the "king of the jungle"?
Answer: The lion.
1. Who was the first person to walk on the moon?
Answer: Neil Armstrong.
2. Which scientist formulated the theory of relativity?
Answer: Albert Einstein.
3. Who is the author of the Harry Potter book series?
Answer: J.K. Rowling
4. Who was the famous civil rights leader who advocated for equal rights for African Americans?
Answer: Martin Luther King Jr.
5. Who was the lead vocalist of the band Queen?
Answer: Freddie Mercury.
6. Who is the scientist known for his theory of evolution?
Answer: Charles Darwin.
7. Who painted the famous artwork "The Starry Night?
Answer: Vincent van Gogh.
8. Who is the legendary basketball player known as "Air Jordan"?
Answer: Micheal Jordan.
9. Who was the first actor to portray James Bond in the film series?
Answer: Sean Connery.
10. Who was the first woman to win a Nobel Prize?
Answer: Marie Curie.
1. In the TV show "Friends," which character famously says, "How you doin'?"?
Answer: Joey Tribbiani
2. What is the fictional city where "The Simpsons" is set?
3. Who is the main character in the TV show "Breaking Bad"?
Answer: Walter White.
4. What is the name of the high school in the TV show "Glee"?
Answer: William McKinley High School.
5. What is the name of the fantasy drama series based on George R.R. Martin's novels?
Answer: "Game of Thrones."
6. Who plays the character Eleven in the TV show "Stranger Things"?
Answer: Millie Bobby Brown.
7. Which TV show follows the lives of a group of doctors at Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital?
Answer: "Grey's Anatomy."
8. Which TV show features a group of survivors trying to navigate a post-apocalyptic world?
Answer: "The Walking Dead."
9. What is the name of the motel the Rose family stays at in Schitt's Creek?
Answer: The Rosebud Motel.
10. Which TV show holds the record for the most Emmy Awards won by a scripted series?
Answer: "Game of Thrones.
1. Who holds the record for the most career home runs in Major League Baseball?
Answer: Barry Bonds (with 762 home runs).
2. What is the name of the oldest active baseball stadium in the United States?
Answer: Fenway Park (home of the Boston Red Sox).
3. Who was the first African American player in Major League Baseball?
Answer: Jackie Robinson.
4. What is the name of the annual championship series in Major League Baseball?
Answer: The World Series.
5. What is the term for hitting a home run when all bases are occupied, resulting in four runs?
Answer: Grand Slam.
6. Which pitcher threw a perfect game in the World Series?
Answer: Don Larsen (in Game 5 of the 1956 World Series).
7. Which team holds the record for the most career strikeouts by a pitcher in Major League Baseball?
Answer: New York Yankees (with 27 championships).
8. Who won the World Series in the 2020 MLB season?
Answer: Los Angeles Dodgers.
9. In 2021, which team had the longest winning streak in the regular season, with 22 consecutive wins?
Answer: Cleveland Guardians
10. Which player hit the most home runs in the 2020 MLB season?
Answer: Luke Voit (New York Yankees) with 22 home runs.
1. What is the largest planet in our solar system?
2. What is the name of the closest star to Earth?
Answer: The Sun.
3. What is the name of the galaxy that contains our solar system?
Answer: The Milky Way.
4. Which planet is known as the "Red Planet"?
5. What is the name of the largest moon in our solar system?
Answer: Ganymede (a moon of Jupiter.
6. Which space probe was launched in 1977 and has now left our solar system?
Answer: Voyager 1.
7. What is the term for a massive explosion that marks the death of a high-mass star?
8. What is the process by which light is produced in the Sun and other stars>
Answer: Nuclear fusion.
9. What is the name of the spacecraft developed by SpaceX that is designed to transport astronauts to and from the ISS?
Answer: Crew Dragon.
10. Who is the founder and CEO or SpaceX?
Answer: Elon Musk.
1. Which European city is known as the "City of Love"?
2. Which European country is famous for its tulips, windmills and wooden shoes?
Answer: The Netherlands.
3. Which country is home to the famous Neuschwanstein Castle, said to be the inspiration for Disney's Sleeping Beauty castle?
4. Which European country is divided into two parts by the Bosphorus Strait?
Answer: Turkey (Istanbul).
5. Which country is famous for its canals and gondolas?
Answer: Italy (Venice).
6. Which European city is home to the Acropolis, a UNESCO World Heritage Site featuring the Parthenon?
Answer: Athens, Greece.
7. Which country in Europe is known for its iconic Blue Mosque and Grand Bazaar?
8. Which European country is home to the Guinness Storehouse, where the famous Irish stout is brewed?
9. Which country is known for its delicious Swiss chocolate and watches?
10. Which country is the birthplace of the legendary band, The Beatles?
Answer: United Kingdom (specifically Liverpool, England).
1. What is the alter ego of Batman?
Answer: Bruce Wayne.
2. What is the real name of Captain America?
Answer: Steve Rogers.
3. Who is the arch-nemesis of Spider-Man?
Answer: Professor Charles Xavier (Professor X).
4. Which superhero is known as the "Man of Steel"?
5. What is the real name of Wonder Woman?
Answer: Diana Prince
6. Which superhero is the founding member of the Justice League?
7. Which superhero is known for his incredible speed?
Answer: The Flash (Barry Allen).
8. Who is the mutant superheroine with the ability to control weather patterns in the X-Men comics?
Answer: Storm (Ororo Munroe).
9. Which female superhero is a skilled spy and master of espionage in the Marval universe?
Answer: Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff).
10. Who is the strongest Avenger?
Answer: The Hulk (Brice Banner).
How to make a great trivia quiz
- To start, choose some great trivia questions.
- Next, log into your FlexiQuiz account and pick a live quiz game or classic quiz.
- Then add your questions - you can mix things up in your quiz with various question types like picture choice, multiple choice or free format.
- You can configure your quiz to add some healthy competition with countdown timers, bonus points and more.
- Share your quiz.
- Let FlexiQuiz auto-score the quiz and you can announce the winner.
Ready to create your own trivia quiz game for work, school or fun?