FlexiQuiz allows Premium plan users to import questions and options directly to a quiz from an Excel spreadsheet.
Follow the steps below for importing questions to your own quiz.
On the Create page of your quiz select Add item and then select Import questions.
Select to Download the pre-formatted Excel template, the template can also be downloaded from here
Open the spreadsheet and enter your questions and options.
- Question Text: Unlimited amount of text, this can also include HTML formatting (Required)
- Question Type: Select options from dropdown, if blank option will default to Single Choice (Dropdown)
- Points: Any number which is 0 or greater, if blank will default to 1
- Page Number: Any number which is 1 or greater, if blank will default to 1
- Option (n) Text: Unlimited amount of text, this can also include HTML formatting
- Option (n) Correct: Select Yes or No, if blank will default to no
- Single Choice (Radio Button): All options are shown and users can only select one option.
- Single Choice (Dropdown): Options are shown in a dropdown box and users can only select one option
- Multiple Choice: All options are shown and users can select multiple options
- Matching Text: Users manually type the option, this is matched to a predefined list of correct options
- Free Text: Users can manully enter any text, these questions are not graded
- There is a limit of 1000 questions
- There is a limit of 10 options per question
- Do not change the format of the spreadsheet by deleting or moving any columns or rows. However, it is ok to change column widths if required
Save the spreadsheet ensuring it is still saved as a .xlsx file
If you had previously closed the Import quesions dialog re-open it through the Add item -> Import questions button. Press the Select File button and then navigate to your file. Select your file and FlexiQuiz will then import your questions to the Quiz.