Home | Help Guides: Randomize Quiz Questions
Randomize the order of questions shown in your quiz. This is a great way to minimize quiz takers cheating and to check learners understanding.
This feature can be used in 2 ways:
1. Show all your questions to quiz takers in a random order
2. Set up the rules for FlexiQuiz software to randomly select a few questions from your quiz
What can this feature be used for?
- Minimizing cheating - by showing participants the questions in a different order it reduces the opportunity for them to compare with others. Therefore, giving a more accurate view of the student's strengths and weaknesses
- Repeated testing on the same subject - there may be times when you want to share a short test to ensure student's understand the subject. You can randomly select questions from a large question bank. If students don't meet the required pass rate they can take the test again with randomly selected questions from the same topic. See how this works.
How to Randomize questions
- Create your quiz, test or assessment
- Select the Configure tab
- Select General from the left-hand menu
- Scroll down to Randomize questions
- Tick the box Randomize questions - this shows quiz takers all questions from your test in a random order
- Plus, you also have the option to show participants a random selection of questions (not all the questions in your quiz). To do this, add the number of questions you want to show participants, in the box.
For example, if you create a test with 100 questions and want to show a random selection of 20 questions.
Enter 20 in the box
Can I randomize the order of answer options shown to quiz takers?
Yes, this can be used for multiple, single or picture choice questions.
Create a question and add your answer options.
Tick the box Randomize options shown under the option text boxes.
Participants are shown the answer options in a random order.
Home | Help Guides
Any suggestions, ideas or feedback? Please let us know.