1) Jane was sailing from Panama and had completed about a thousand miles.
2) Jane's boat hit a surface obstruction.
3) Jane could have used the GPS to call for help.
4) Jane wasn't concerned about her food rations.
5) Jane didn't panic because she didn't consider herself in danger.
6) Jane's first intention was to head further north.
7) Jane had more water than food.
8) She saw a Panamanian tanker in the first couple of days but it never stopped.
9) It took more than a week before Jane began to really panic about her situation.
10) If Angelo hadn't seen Jane when he did, she would probably have died.
11) Angelo landed his plane near her life raft and took her on board.
12) Jane and Angelo Ortega are still in touch.