1. Which subgenre of opera featured rather serious stories of tragedy, heroism, and love, usually in some historical or literary context?
2. Which comical subgenre of opera allowed for spoken dialogue?
3. This important late Baroque Italian composer favored opera seria and included creative use of the da capo aria.
4. Which German composer studied Italian opera and convinced many of the greatest Italian singers to perform for his opera company in London?
5. Who were the highest-paid, male singers of Baroque opera?
6. What form is commonly found in arias from Baroque opera?
7. In what city did the presence of too much Italian opera cause harsh competition for Handel's opera house?